Isabelle has way too much stuff

by - September 17, 2023

(My wardrobe feels like this on some days) 

I recently started to Marie Kondo my house, as it was getting way too cluttered. I had always been lazy to pack, so many things were still in the Taobao cardbox boxes that they came in, which definitely needed to be chucked. The clean up exercise also meant assessing all of Isabelle's stuff; clothes, shoes, wigs and accessories. In doing so, I came to realise how much I had accumulated (and spent) over the years.

I started with the easiest first - wigs. It's pretty easy since the packaging were all the same size, and I needed to fit them all into a plastic box. While I knew I owned a good number of wigs, only through laying them all out and counting, did I realise that my collection totalled more than 20 wigs! 

(This was before I filled the box to the brim with even more wigs)

Next was clothes. I previously vacuum packed about 70% of my stuff, but it also meant that there was a slightly musty smell as they haven't been worn for a long time. A lot of them were still in good condition, so before storing some and giving the rest to others, I had to wash them. Isabelle owned so many clothes that it took 3 rounds of laundry to wash them all 🫤

Shoes were another headache. Unlike clothes and wigs that could be kept more efficiently, shoes were bulky and hard to store. I couldn't leave Isabelle's shoes on display, so they had to remain in their boxes. And for those who own heels, you know how dang big these boxes are. I had around 7 pairs of heels and 3 pairs of flats/sneakers; by no means a massive collection, but already more voluminous than my entire clothing collection.

This clean up session made me realise how much dressing up has drawn on my wallet over the years. I haven't spent on clothes in a while, but I'm a bit more resolved on a shopping ban for Isabelle, at least till the end of the year. No space, no more budget.

You May Also Like

0 Comments