My Journey (Part 3) - University Days

by - August 25, 2020


I'm skipping my pre-university and army days as this period wasn't too eventful, crossdressing wise. Pre-U was a really hectic time, with studies, CCAs, exams, dating, etc. Army surprisingly wasn't too much of an issue, which is sort of proof that crossdressers fit in with the other dudes equally well, and sometimes even better. Being outfield, exercising and doing army stuff took my mind away from crossdressing.


University however, was a different story. It was the time when my crossdressing was taken to the next level; owning ladies' clothes, wigs and shoes. This was made possible with the advent of online shopping (Asos ❤). 

Prior to this I had only been wearing my relatives' clothes. My sister's clothes were too small and my mum didn't have great style (read: too auntie). 

I lived in a dorm, so it was kind of my own space. That meant that I was also able to dress up without the fear of making too much noise and waking my parents at night, or my sister suddenly coming into my room. I even bought a large mirror so that I could see myself in girl mode (Yes, very narcissistic. But come on, which CD isn't?)

It was LIBERATING.

I remember very clearly the first few items I purchased. I had a penchant for evening wear, so I wanted to feel like I was a debutante, or a high school girl going to the prom. After scrolling through countless pages on ASOS, I finally picked out a red bandeau prom dress with a sweetheart neckline, black bra and panties with lace trimmings, and 14cm black leather high heel pumps. Delivery was estimated to take a week. During the lead up, I was absolutely obsessed, thinking constantly about the presents I just gifted myself.

When the goodies finally arrived, I could barely hold in my desire to try them on. My heart was hammering in my chest with excitement as I slipped into my own lingerie, zipped myself into the snug confines of the red dress, stepped into my stilettos and placed the wig on my head, my crowning glory. So what if my bra cups were stuffed with balled up socks? Wearing my own lingerie, dress, heels and wig, I truly felt like a woman for the first time.

I thought I was absolutely gorgeous, as I posed in front of the mirror. Thinking back, I probably didn't look great, but the "pink fog" that clouds a crossdresser's judgement when in girl mode had addled my mind and skewed my perception. A slightly geeky guy was standing in front of the mirror no longer. I was a girl attending her prom, waiting to be crowned queen.

The "prom queen" outfit had a bit more mileage, but before long, my inner woman wanted more. She wanted to be the tarty secretary in the office, dressed in the classic white blouse and black pencil skirt. When Kate Middleton got married in an elegant lace gown with a plunging neckline, my inner woman wanted a similar white dress too (with lingerie to match).

It was hard to keep myself from buying more and more clothes. There was always a new exciting style to try. Fortunately, budget and wardrobe space kept me from going on massive shopping sprees.

During school breaks, I had to move out from my dorm, so my stash had to be brought home with me. Being slightly paranoid, I was very careful and kept my ladies' clothes under lock and key. It was harder to dress up at home with my parents around, so I could only do so super early in the morning or very late at night.

All in all, University was a pretty fun time. I compartmentalised both guy and girl modes pretty well, managing to dress in my room reasonably frequently without being discovered. It might have helped that in my guy mode, no one would have ever suspected that I was the slightest bit inclined to wear ladies' clothes.

You May Also Like

2 Comments

  1. Yeah, online shopping like ASOS/Gmarket(qoo10) really help alot of crossdressers to get over the mental hurdle of buying women clothes but the self collection locations like Popstation/Ezbuy really open up a can of worms of buying things without your family suspecting. The younger generation have it lucky to acquire women clothing easier compared to my time as a youth. And yeah, crossdressing wasn't a issue during army when every single guy's mind was one track on looking forward to get out of the 2 year obligation haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Ezbuy self collect was when I started to buy breastforms and decent wigs from taobao. It's quite obvious that younger CDs benefit from access to women's clothes much easily now. No need to pretend to be buying for a "girlfriend".

      As for the army bit, I think some transgenders do suffer quite a lot in army, especially if dysphoria is severe. But looking forward to ORD is something we all wanted, CD or not🤣

      Delete